Never before has the horror genre been more prolific or successful. Studios are snapping up scary movies at any cost, and if you have a frightening story to tell, the time to write that script is now!
Whether you’re a veteran of the genre, or new to the horror game, this is an essential stop for any individual looking to become the genre’s next great star.
A writer for over 30 years, Steven Barnes helps you look inside yourself to discover what really scares you and how to translate that innate fear to the big screen. Using many examples of both successful and unsuccessful horror films of the past fifty years, he will teach you to understand what makes a great horror film work so well and how to apply that knowledge to your own scary story.
You’ll also learn:
- The 10 essential steps that need to make up your character’s journey.
- The easiest and best way to define a story.
- Why we’re more afraid of what we cannot see.
- How to use your personal culture and religions in your script.
- What films make up necessary viewing before you begin typing.
- How these same rules can help you write fantasy or science-fiction.
About Steven Barnes
Steven Barnes has 20 novels in print and has written for Twilight Zone, Andromeda, Stargate SG-I and Baywatch.