“Enlightens and clarifies the adaptation process…It’s like a semester of film school only a lot cheaper.”
Tom Desanto, Producer (Transformers, X-Men, Apt Pupil, X-Men 2)
Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hours, X-Men…Many of the most successful films of today are adaptations.
This title provides a practical exploration of how to adapt anything (novel, short story, comic, article, or just an idea) into a script.
Prof. K will introduce you to his proven 5-step adaptation process and also cover the legal issues of adaptation.
- How to find your logline and theme.
- How to use Prof. K.’s foolproof seven step adaptation process.
- How to learn from adaptation case studies.
- How to diagram and chart the course of your story
- How to sleep your way to the middle in Hollywood.