“The most comprehensive and thoughtful analysis yet for professional screenwriting.”
Diane Cairns, VP Production: Universal Pictures; Senior VP, ICM
The opening of your screenplay is your most powerful weapon for acquiring an agent or securing a deal. Hollywood executives seldom read past page 10 if they’re not immediately involved in your story.
Using examples from award winning, blockbuster screenplays, as well as from writers wanting to launch their careers, this title shows you how to create opening scenes that:
- Draw readers into the world you’ve created.
- Set the tone of your screenplay.
- Establish empathy with your hero.
- Lay the groundwork for character growth and theme.
- Compel readers to turn the page.
View Trailer Watch Excerpt